- Campers are expected to attend all activities
- Campers are not permitted to leave the camp premises
- Smoking / Alcohol / Drugs are not allowed at the camp
- Campers must remain in their rooms during the hours laid down
- At all times, the sleeping accommodation and wash areas for members of the opposite sex are out of bounds
- Fire regulations and safety rules must be strictly adhered to
- Unreasonable behaviour and failure to keep all camp rules will not be tolerated and may result in offenders being sent home
- Chewing gum is not permitted on the camp premises
- No Energy Drinks please
Mobile Phone Policy (General)
We recognise that access to a mobile phone can be very benefical for a camper to keep in touch with family and friends. However it can also at times be a distraction to oneself and others. To faciliate optimal conditions for sleep, and the progress of meetings, mobile phones will be collected, and stored securely. If use of an electronic device is required, as an exception to our general rule, we can certainly accommodate this on consultation with parents/guardians. We would hope to give campers access to their electronic devices for a period of time each day - usually in the afternoon between lunch and tea.
What to bring to camp
Juniors/Inters/Teens Camp Weeks 2022
in July/August 2022 at Oceanview Camp Centre
The following list will help you to know what to bring (and also what not to bring!)
- Clothing/Toiletries, including two towels (Each camp will have at least two water activities)
- Sports shoes for the sports hall
- A warm coat for walking outside
- A single-sized fitted or flat sheet for the mattress
- A pillow
- A sleeping-bag or single duvet
- Money for Tuck Shop and/or Outings*
- No Energy Drinks or Chewing Gum at the centre please
Please label your belongings - it is very difficult to return lost items if names are not in place.
If you would like to participate (it's optional) in the Thursday night performance and require a musical instrument please feel free to bring this along albeit at your own risk.
* We are recommending a maximum of €20 for the Juniors Camp, and €30 for the Inters and Teens Camps. The Inters Campers may want to bring some Sterling for the Thursday outing to Enniskillen. The Teens Camp will have four days of surfing so will not need extra money for outings - However it's always nice to be able to buy an ice-cream (or coffee) down at the beach.
Oceanview Camp Centre is a purpose built facility in Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal. The centre is owned and managed by CEF Ireland, and is used in the summer months for camps for children and young people. The centre can also be hired for use by other church and youth groups during the rest of the year.
The Centre's address is Killinangle Beg, Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal
The Google Map co-ordinates are 54.554202, -8.184939
Just copy and paste these numbers into Google Maps to find the exact location
the Dates were saved ! Hooray !
Juniors Camp : 3rd - 8th July 2022 (ages 8 - 11 approx.)
Inters Camp : 10th - 15th July 2022 (ages 12 - 14 approx.)
Teens Camp : 21st - 26th August 2022 (ages 15 - 19 approx.)
Technology Day Camps (@ Sligo Presbyterian Church : 15th - 19th August 2022 (ages 10 - 15 approx.)
For some more details on these camps you can look at the information brochure here.
As planning proceeds I hope to add more information on the camps here below:
(Nothing more here yet. Patience is a virtue they say)